Review Date: October 30, 2018
Cider Maker’s DescriptionAromas swirl from raw honey to white clover blossoms to fresh lake breeze. The palate is a striking contrast to the nose with juicy kumquat, toasted hazelnuts and chamomile. The sweet floral, tart citrus and bitter citrus peel elements have seamless integration in a balanced structure. Bright acid and silty tannin are equal in the finish which is long and lingering with more honey, citrus and a bit of candied peel.
- clear, bright, brilliant golden color
- high end of moderate, good pop from the bottle, full coverage of frothy small bubbles
- caramel, leather, ripe red apple skins
- flavor explosion, melon, pear, forest earthy
- very balanced and smooth, just a light acidic bite
- long, rich flavor finish
Tasting Notes / General ImpressionSometimes this "job" is taxing on the palate.
Reviewer NotesI found this bottle in Albany, NY in September 2018...so there are probably bottles out there for the finding. If you find one, buy it and enjoy!
Have you tried this cider? Let us know on social media what you thought of it and we may include your review here.
Van Etten, NY