Cider Maker’s Description
This medium dry blend of Jonathan and Rhode Island Greening comes from the Boals Farm in Antrim County Michigan. The Boals have been growing fruit on the same dirt for generations and we are fortunate to get a snapshot of that history in this bottle. The trees are decades old and were close to being replaced. Fortunately we found each other and can now keep them producing these excellent flavors. We halt the fermentation to leave a touch of natural residual sugar to balance the bright acid.
- clear, bright, yellow gold color
- moderate carbonation, swirling produces 1/8" head of medium bubbles
- a very delicate nose with clean apple aromas
- full flavored, great bittersweet apple flavor, tropical fruit
- moderate acidity, very little in the way of noticeable tannins
- left with a lingering apple flavor
Tasting Notes / General Impression
I didn't find much in the way of descriptors for this cider, but it is very good. For me, this would be a great every-day cider.
October 18, 2018
Have you tried this cider? Let us know on social media what you thought of it and we may include your review here.
Left Foot Charley
Traverse City, MI