Review Date: September 16, 2018
Cider Maker’s Description
Medium body, light astringency. Dry with a balance of fruit and tartness.
Good things come in small quantities. Our Brut Apple Reserve is a small batch bottling of late harvest apples from our orchard. We use only select cider cultivars to make this blend. It then goes through a secondary fermentation in the bottle to produce a lively, frothy effervescence.
- hazy/cloudy, golden orange color, very autumnal
- very bubbly, lots of rising strings of tiny bubbles well after the pour
- earthy, ripe apple skins, grassy, woody notes, hints of citrus
- ripe red apple, earthy, grassy, very dry, slightly bitter
- balanced with hints of acidity and astringency
- clean finish with some lingering dryness
Tasting Notes / General ImpressionOccasionally I like to sit and just enjoy a cider. If I get the opportunity to try this again, there will be better notes next time.
Have you tried this cider? Let us know on social media what you thought of it and we may include your review here.
Island Orchard Cider
Ellison Bay, WI