Review Date: August 5, 2019
Cider Maker’s DescriptionBig B's Limited Edition Ciaison Grand Cru is hand crafted with a medlet of old world techniques combining Big B's Farmstead Hard Cider style and a traditional French Saison Yeast. Made with 100% Organic West Elk Winesap Apples, Tart Orange Peel, Coriander Seeds and fermented with Omega Saison Yeast. This one of kind cider is cellar aged to perfection in French Oak Chardonnay Barrels. Ciaison Grand Cru is a strong dry cider with smooth apple notes and hints of tropical fruit from nose to finish.
- deep orange golden color, clear, bright
- bubbles of all sizes when poured, swirling producers a 1/4" head of small bubbles
- ripe red apples, stonefruit, oak, orange peel, herbal
- melon, citrus, ripe red apples, orange peel bitterness, dried fruit
- balanced acidity and tannins
- nice lingering apple finish
Tasting Notes / General Impressionsimply delicious, there's a beer-like quality likely from the French saison yeast
Have you tried this cider? Let us know on social media what you thought of it and we may include your review here.
Big B's Hard Cider