Cider Maker’s DescriptionFor over 80 years the Growers Trading and Supply Co. in Hotchkiss Colorado sold millions of lbs of Apples as Grizzly Brand Apples. Big B’s took over this location in 1973 and to pay homage to the Grizzly Brand we created a Hard Cider with historic roots and time honored traditions. Grizzly Brand Hard Cider is aged in used bourbon barrels, it’s unfiltered and bottle conditioned. It’s a crisp and dry cider that’s laced with woody vanilla like tones and finishes with the warmth of fine bourbon.
- crystal clear, rich golden color, bright
- very light, partial coverage of medium to large bubbles when poured disappearing immediately, swirl produces full coverage of small to medium bubbles that retreat to a full ring of tiny bubbles
- cinnamon, oak, bourbon, hint of funk
- dry, bourbon, funky, oaky, hints of vanilla
- mild astringency
- lingering bourbon taste is nice
Tasting Notes / General Impressioncrisp, refreshing, good body
Reviewer Notesconsiderable sediment at the bottom of the bottle, not sure if it needed a good bottoms-up swirl before pouring
Have you tried this cider? Let us know on social media what you thought of it and we may include your review here.
Big B's Hard Cider
Updated: July 9, 2017