Review Date: December 13, 2019
Cider Maker’s DescriptionThe Newtown Pippin is an old apple, grown by founding fathers George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin, for cider making. The apple has a high sugar and acid contect and imparts woody and earthy flavors in the finished cider.
- clear, bright, golden yellow color
- like to moderate carbonation, small bubbles
- green apple, citrus
- green apple, tart, woody, earthy
- tangy acidic bite, moderate tannins, cool, crisp
- lingering green apple skin flavor
Tasting Notes / General ImpressionOccasionally I like to sit and just enjoy a cider. If I get the opportunity to try this again, there will be better notes next time.
Have you tried this cider? Let us know on social media what you thought of it and we may include your review here.
Last Chance Cider Mill