Cider Maker’s Description
Oriole Perry is our proud ‘estate’ perry. It’s grown at Brightonwoods, within sight of the Winery. It’s more subtle and complex than the Sparkling Perry- being fermented from 100% bitter perry pears. We ferment it with a Sangiovese yeast that we think really brings out the tannin characters of the perry-specific cultivars. These pears are exceedingly rare in the US, and not easy to grow. When we get the question ‘Then why use them?’, we pour a glass of Oriole. These are not mellow, easy-going French ‘butter pears’. Perry pears think they are Cabernet – and have the tannins to back it up.
- very clear, very bright, light water golden color
- just barely, bordering on still
- pineapple, tropical fruit, floral
- fresh pineapple, hints of elderflower, clover honey
- very balanced with even amounts of light acidity and light astringency
- cool clean finish, lingering pineapple
Tasting Notes / General Impression
great flavor and very easy drinker, similar profile to a Pinot Grigio
October 10, 2018
Have you tried this cider? Let us know on social media what you thought of it and we may include your review here.