Cider Maker’s Description
Crafted with home-grown heritage apples, Rumrunner’s apples are hand-pressed using our traditional rack and cloth press, slowly fermented with Champagne yeast, then aged in rum-soaked bourbon barrels for a minimum of six months. Aromas of brown sugar and rum show the complexity of this semi-dry sparkling cider. Delicious cold, or mulled and heated with butter, Rumrunner pairs well with steak, Caribbean and Moroccan food.
- crystal clear, bright, orange rose color
- Full coverage of medium bubbles on pour that disappeared quickly, swirl produces a small patch of small bubbles
- strawberries, chocolate, alcohol
- molasses, rich apple forward, notes of rum
- solid acidic bite, light tannins
- long syrupy rum flavored finish
Tasting Notes / General Impression
One of my favorites. First tried this toward the end of an evening at The Northman, in Chicago, and reviewing it at home lives up to my memory of it from The Northman.
Have you tried this cider? Let us know on social media what you thought of it and we may include your review here.
Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse