Review Date: December 19, 2018
Cider Maker’s DescriptionIn the realm of rustic ciders, the pursuit of funky qualities requires a cunning hand if one is to avoid disaster. This farmhouse style cider is named for Graham who shed light on the possibility of alternative yeast selections. We fermented this hard cider with Saison yeast in French Oak puncheons. Including an extended rest with the yeast, we aged the cider unfiltered. It's dry and tannic, yet still retains a bright reminder of the orchards from whence it came.
- clear, light golden color
- quick fizz, very tiny bubbles
- oak, light funkiness, traditional English farmhouse cider
- woody, oaky, slightly bitter
- pleasantly acidic, noticeable but not dominant tannins
- lingering oak flavored astringency
Tasting Notes / General Impressionthis is a new addition to my 'favorites' list, the aromas and taste remind me of Basque sidra
Have you tried this cider? Let us know on social media what you thought of it and we may include your review here.
Left Foot Charley
Traverse City, MI