Review Date: February 10, 2020
Cider Maker’s DescriptionFor six generations the Henry family have prided themselves growing high quality fruit on their spectacular 300 acre orchard overlooking the Quinnipiac River in Wallingford, CT. We have partnered with the fine growers at Blue Hills Orchard to produce an unfiltered hard cider reminiscent of their farmstand cider pressed and sold at harvest. Featuring the quintessential McIntosh variety and blended with other New England favorites, this cider is crisp, refreshing with a savory balance of tart and sweet.
- orange straw color, cloudy, can barely see through it
- light to moderate, swirling produces almost full coverage
- red apple flesh, fruity, pineapple, melon,
- sweet red apple, citrus, fruity, reminiscent of autumn sweet cider
- light tannins, very full bodied, almost creamy
- lingering red apple flavor
Tasting Notes / General ImpressionNothing more to add at this time… we might order another round.
Have you tried this cider? Let us know on social media what you thought of it and we may include your review here.
Stormalong American Hard Cider