Cider Maker’s DescriptionChester Hoppearcot is an amazing combination of local Organic Cider Apples, Pears, Apricots, and Cascade Hops. Ciders Apples and Pears are pressed together and fermented in the same tank and then aged in the cellar with apricots and hops in the tank, this infuses amazing fruit and floral flavors and aromas. Chester Hoppearcot is complex; it’s a semi sweet cider, its pear and apple flavors are upstaged by the strong tart apricot flavors and notes of citrus and slightly bitter hops.
- crystal clear, bright, rich golden color with hints of orange
- swirl produces 90-95% coverage of small to medium bubbles giving way to a thin island of small bubbles in the center and a full ring around the edge
- apricots and good dominate, notes of lemon and melon, subtle nutty hints
- pear really comes through in the taste, hops and apricot
- balanced but leaning toward acidic
- long hopped apricot finish
Tasting Notes / General ImpressionBefore I knew it, the bottle was empty. I'll try to get notes next time.
Reviewer Notesslight acetic flavor, maybe the beginnings of oxidation
Have you tried this cider? Let us know on social media what you thought of it and we may include your review here.
Big B's Hard Cider