Review Date: March 14, 2020
Cider Maker’s DescriptionEmber is a blend of the late season cider apples we grow, using organic methods. Enjoy Ember for the low acid, tannic flavor of these rare bittersweet apples. The incomparable flavor & aroma of this cider remind us of the apple harvest in the fall: of the cool orchard soil & the deep rich taste of that last solitary apple holding fast to a dark bough. Slow fermented, cool aged, unfilitered & bottle conditioned to create complexity & natural carbonation. Chill lightly & pour carefully so as not to disturb the naturally occurring sediment. Serve with winter vegetables, cream sauces & poultry.
- clear with just a subtle haze, golden straw color
- very light carbonation
- autumn orchard, some barnyard funkiness, wet wood pulp, red apple skin
- red apple skin, red apple flesh, citrus, green
- bitter, moderate to high tannins, full bodied
- clean finish with astringency on the tongue
Tasting Notes / General ImpressionNothing more to add at this time… we might order another round.
Have you tried this cider? Let us know on social media what you thought of it and we may include your review here.
Port Townsend, WA