Cider Maker’s Description
Carefully farmcrafted and fermented with a blend of homegrown Finnriver orchard organic cider apples and white wine yeast in stainless steel tanks. Once the fermentation is complete, we cask the cider in rye whiskey barrels for 5 months to impart depth and character. This award-winning cider was inspired by legendary PNW cidermaker Drew Zimmerman, whose mentorship and cider apple trees helped us establish our orchard.
- clear, bright, rusty/gold color
- light carbonation, partial coverage of very tiny bubbles when swirled, no audible fizzing
- oak, woody, caramel, the whiskey notes have mellowed / smoothed out
- great oaky whiskey flavor, orange bitters, dried fruit, subtle notes of cherry
- very mild acidity, pleasantly moderate to high tannins
- a lingering oak and whiskey finish with afternoon
Tasting Notes / General Impression
it starts with a tease of sweetness that quickly evolves to mildly acid and moderate astringency
Have you tried this cider? Let us know on social media what you thought of it and we may include your review here.