Review Date: April 4, 2021
Cider Maker’s DescriptionOur seasonal ciders share the earthly essence of life in the fields and gardens of the Olympic Peninsula. We crafted this cider around the time of the Winter Solstice, inspired by the local saffron grown at Phocas Farms in Port Angeles. Saffron is considered one of the world’s most rare and costly spices and was first cultivated in Greece. The bright cider features fermented organic apples, delicately steeped toasted fennel and organic anise pods.
- rich golden color, clear
- moderate, frothy when swirled
- anise, red apple skins, floral, fennel, caramel, light oakiness, forest flowers
- ripe red apple, fennel, herbal, notes of tropical fruit, hints of pine needles, slightly tart, dried fruit
- light to moderate acid, hint of tannins
- floral and herbal notes linger, nice finish of red apple and light astringency, not short not long
Tasting Notes / General ImpressionI may have consumed this cider just for the enjoyment of it, so I did not record detailed tasting notes.
Have you tried this cider? Let us know on social media what you thought of it and we may include your review here.